I signed up for an MSN dial-up account a few months back to use when I was on an out of town gig. They were running a special of three months free, so it was a perfect plan. Problem is, like an idiot, I forgot to cancel it before the three months ran out... last week. No big deal though, I got use out of the service, and it was my fault for not getting out before they charged me, so I have no complaint and no desire to seek a refund. However, it struck me as odd that when I called to cancel, the representative (after offering me a wide range of services, all with free trials that I might also forget to cancel) said my account was disabled effective today. I'm used to the "well, you've already paid, so you can cancel today, but you've bought in for the month already" policy. So I asked:
"Oh, if the account closes immediately, then will I get credited for the 3/4 of the month that I won't be using?"
"No. It's not prorated."
"So I've already paid for the month, but now I can't use that time?"
"Well, I could reactivate the account, but then you'll have to call in again to cancel."
Genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment