As soon as I make plans to post daily or bi-daily, I break them right away. Oh well, maybe it's just proof that this whole touring life is less exciting than I think it will be at times. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, and I enjoy it a lot, but at the end of the day I often can't think of anything terribly interesting to write about, any more than I can when I'm at home. C'est la vie.
This tour is feeling a little weird already, just because it's so short. My roommate mentioned tonight that we only had a week and a half left on this leg, and that's stunning to me. We have so many new people involved this year, that it feels like the show really won't start gelling until probably three days before we fly home. The performances are going well, it just hasn't hit that comfort zone yet I don't thing. Ironically, the first tour I ever did (back in 1999, I think) was only four weeks long, yet felt much longer. I guess the more I do these, the more the time flies by....
As for our spring schedule, New Zealand is supposedly looking very likely, and Australia, which was supposed to be out of the picture, is apparently a possibility again. Then again, one of the returning cast members told me Bud (the producer) has dangled "carrots" like this before, that never panned out, so none of us are holding our breath just yet.
We're in Skokie, IL right now, and it's been awfully cold the last few days, especially when stuck walking to restaurants, etc. at night. Our bus had to have it's brakes replaced, so we've been using a replacement the last couple of days, and should have our original ride back tomorrow morning. I don't think this new bus company has impressed anyone just yet. Lots of complications and it's only been two weeks... not a very good sign. The one bonus is they've spaced the seats so we have tons of leg room, which is really nice.
OK, the more I write, the more I remember things that I actually meant to post about, but didn't... like our Halloween hang, and getting my horn fixed, etc. I have pictures to go with those stories that I need to upload, which is probably why I put them off in the first place. Being that it's 1:30 am, I'm going to wait just a little longer until tomorrow, so I can do them all at once. OK, so maybe I do have stuff to post after all... I'm just too dead at the moment to realize it!
No comments:
Post a Comment