I was sitting at a stoplight today, talking on my cell phone, when I suddenly got rear-ended by a minivan. Apparently, the woman was reaching for a bottle of water and her foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas. She was very apologetic and is fully insured, plus she wasn't going very fast, so there wasn't much damage. I was mainly stunned because I didn't see it coming, and my first concern was for my horn in the trunk (but it wasn't there... I had actually put it in the back seat this time).
My dad and I examined my car later, and at first I thought only some paint in the middle of the bumper was scratched. We found two dents to the far left, but that didn't make sense because her license plate (which stuck out the furthest) was in the middle. Partially inspired by an episode of Forensic Files I saw yesterday (where an impression of the victim's face was left on a plastic bag used to suffocate her), we used a different light and found this. I checked the woman's license plate and sure enough, the first three numbers were 994 and the last letter was an M. It's hard to tell from the picture, but each letter is lightly stamped into the plastic, without any other trace of paint, etc. so you can only see it when the light is casting the right shadows. At least I have proof if I need it....
No comments:
Post a Comment