Friday, January 07, 2005
Corporate Sellout, So Soon?
Well, not really. I'm trying out Google's AdSense program to see how it works. If you click any of the ads in the right sidebar, I will potentially get some revenue. Don't worry, I'll still remember all you little people when I'm living in my mansion... yeah, right. Given the limited visitors to this page and the miniscule percentage of cents that is paid for each click (I assume... Google doesn't tell you how much, you have to just sign up and see what you get over time.) I may get enough on occasion to buy an overpriced cup of coffee at Starbucks. We'll see....
One interesting element that I want to see in action is the ad content. The system is supposed to produce ads based off the content of this page. I have seen this work to humorous effect on other pages before (I'll elaborate some other time....) However, it's a neat concept and it will be interesting to see what ads it comes up with based off the random things I'll be writing about.
Finally, there could be some greater good come out of this too. See the next post....
No comments:
Post a Comment