Friday, January 07, 2005

Tsunami Relief

I could write a lot about the situation in Asia, but nothing that hasn't already been said, I'm sure. I'm still completely amazed at how many lives were lost, and the situation for many of the survivors is worse than probably (hopefully) most of us will ever have to face. Yesterday, after I signed up for the AdSense program, I saw a link for a project called Blog Aid. I can't think of a better way to use this advertising experiment. The pledge of the Blog Aid project states:
I agree to pledge the earnings from advertising, affiliate programs or site sponsorship made from my site during January to my country’s local Earthquake and Tsunami appeal.
Given the limited scope/readership of this page, I'm pledging anything that comes in from January through March. More importantly though, one of the benefits of the technology we have today is how easy it is to respond to problems so distant from us. There are many places online where you can contribute directly to relief efforts. If you want simplicity, Amazon.com has a set-up that lets you donate to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund from their main page, and the whole process takes less than a minute.

No comments: