Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Random

Nothing exciting going on, so I guess I'll just ramble a bit. Still need to catch up with those of you in foreign lands (Michigan, New York....), but maybe this will get things started.

Fun couple of weeks for me... I played my favorite big band in town last night, which is always cool. Trombone section was a little strange, but with a solid palsy-symptom-free return to lead playing by the one and only FDOM. (Nice job, Friend 2.) Trumpets were louder than usual, but some great solos by the usual suspects there, as well as in the saxes. Highlight of the night was having my date hit on by a rather persistent guy who called me "bubba". Guess that's an inherent danger when you take a nice girl to a smoky little bar in Arlington, but still.... Luckily, despite FDOM's calls for action, no violence ensued and the whole evening turned out well.

Later this week, I'm playing a couple nights of the musical "Ragtime", which should be good experience as I'll be doubling on bass and tenor. Then, just hours after the show on Friday, I'll be on a plane headed to Florida to start my cruise ship gig. Should be fun, and I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about that when I get back.

Have almost all of my boxes unpacked now which is making the new apartment feel more like home, or at least keeps me from tripping over so many things in the dark. Particularly nice to have my kitchen in usable shape, so I can stop relying on fast food, canned goods and plasticware and actually start cooking again.

And now, back to coding... since (unfortunately) I seem to do my best work at late hours....

Oh, and a special nod to Missy for clearing up a little "situation" and for drawing a pretty cool penguin, even without the aid of medications.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Mr. Grumpie is going to be your nickname forever and EVER. How awesome!